Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Preview City

On my old MySpace blogs, I would give the playlist every day from the All Request Lost 80's Lunch when I was on 105.5 The Cat. I haven't been giving out the ZZL playlists from the All Request Lunch. I'm not really sure why. I think people who read my blog got more into the nostalgic excogitation of their youth than they would reading about bands they have no feelings either way about. Also, the playlist would be my attempt to have some feeling of a theme following all the rambling. I've noticed I have absolutely no direction whatsoever when I write. None. One might ask, then, what is my theme? Well I've covered this before but there is none. How clever is that? I also like to adopt this philosophy in my everyday life. Random is one of my favorite words. I don't like to say no to things. I see that Jim Carrey has stolen my next idea for a movie. Back to the drawing board! All this being said, I want to run down a list of ideas I've had for the next few months on Cale's Corner. See how I do that? Contradict myself? The easy joke would be "I should be a politician." But politicians are getting enough crap these days. How about college football coaches? They're pretty good flip-floppers as well. It should be the goal for everyone within the reach of my poorly colored blog to neither flip nor flop.

-Once the MLB playoffs start, I'll probably write a preview. No predictions will be made. I found out real quickly my prognosticating skills are not the greatest after my previews during spring training.

-I'm sure I'll want to discuss the upcoming election at some point, although this should probably be avoided like the plague. I realize there are all kinds of people that read my blog. I appreciate every single person that takes the time to check in. My point is to never make people angry with anything I say. Ehh...never mind. I just talked myself out of it. We could do a mock Survivor contest with past Presidents though. I'm thinking pre-1900. Don't act like you wouldn't be excited for a battle royale between Van Buren and John Tyler. Although Van Buren would totally dominate that match-up. He was the political Gary Cooper before Gary Cooper was Gary Cooper. You can't argue with that.

-I'll probably continue to talk about how awesome I am.

-Already excited for this year's Top 10 Albums blog. Who knows? Maybe only ten albums was SO last year. 25? 50? Now we're talking ambitious.

Well, that's all I got today. I had nothing to bring today. I'm just tossing breaking balls over the middle of the plate. It's a good thing science has indicated that people love previews.

More to come later in the week. Roll down your windows. It's nice outside. Live a little.

No comments: