Monday, September 22, 2008

Your Blog Is On Fire

This whole week is going to be awesome. For my unmarried and single readers, happy Unmarried and Single Americans Week. I would say that you should celebrate, but you probably do anyway since you're already unmarried and single. Let's all agree that this week we should just meet up and not talk about how miserable we are because we're not in a messed up relationship. Rather, let's eat, drink, and be merry.

Also, in case you were wondering why I haven't blogged in a few days I've been trying to get everything done before Friday because I'm leaving for Georgia for my birthday weekend. All I have to say is that if you're going to call, you might want to do so early on in the day. Our conversation may not so pleasant with 70,000 crazy Georgia football fans behind me.

Barbecue on the River is taking over Paducah this weekend. This is one of the big events in town each year and I'm a little disappointed that I will only get to go tonight. Please take some time to stop by the ZZL and 105.5 The Cat's booth coinciding with Martha's Vineyard. Martha is a tremendous lady who I have had a chance to work with on several occasions and all proceeds at her booth will go directly to helping her tremendous ministry. In fact, every single booth's proceeds go to charity which I think is awesome. Eat some bbq, have a drink, and help out causes all over our area.

And new The Office tonight. That IS what she said.

Lastly, the Kings of Leon CD came out Tuesday. It's very good, but they definitely picked the correct two songs to release as singles first. Sex on Fire has caught on fire lately and is quickly moving up the charts, especially after their appearance on SNL last Saturday. Use Somebody is my new favorite on the album. It's true. I totally want to slow dance to this song:

2 comments:

granny2five said...

You're gonna slow dance? Hope you pick a tall girl! Have a happy, happy b'day.

Darla said...

Oh, I really miss BBQ on the River!!! We missed it by just one weekend last year, too!